adding items and save them in My Library AND Library Groups

When I add an item directly from firefox and at the same time, in zotero standalone, I have highlighted a Library Group, Zotero safe the item from firefox directly in the Library Group, but NOT in My Library.
Is it possible to ask to Zotero to save the item from Firefox in the Library Group AND in My Library? How to do?
  • No. You have to drag from one to the other.
  • Thanks Dan for your answer.

However, in this document (sorry, in French): http://crevilles.org/mambo/textes/tutoriels/zotero.pdf

it is written (p.9) that "Par défaut, toutes vos références se trouve dans le dossier Ma bibliothèque", and "Si vous aviez sélectionné une collection au moment de l'import d'une notice, cette dernière sera importée directement dans la collection en question, et sera également ajoutée à Ma bibliothèque."
    This means, in English:
    "by default, ALL your references will be put in My Library", and "if you selected a collection when you imported an item, this item will be imported in the collecdtion AND in My Library".

But, nor with my computer neither with the one of a friend this is working like that.

And I think it would be better to get the item safed always by default in My Library and eventually as well in the collection.

Is there any option to chose from the preferences? I could not find it!

Thanks for any help.
  • I will post this comment as well in "Feature Requests".
  • No, please don't create a new thread.
  • "if you selected a collection when you imported an item, this item will be imported in the collecdtion AND in My Library"
    This is correct, but you didn't ask about collections—you asked about libraries. Libraries contain collections, which are like iTunes playlists. Everything in a collection is inherently in the library that contains it.
  • Group libraries are separate libraries not collections. The document you cite is correct about how saving works with respect to collections and the library they belong to.
  • Ok, thanks.