adding whole journal issue

When I have an article which is published in abook I can use the item book section and link it to the book item. There is nothing similar for an issue of a journal. I have all articles o a journal and want to add this journal as a whole relating the article items afterwards. Book is not the same as Journal. So how do you treat this problem, is there a satisfying workaround?

Thanks a lot
  • Hi Firestarter,
    I looked into this a bit (I'm fairly new to zotero and still excited to study all features to see how it will assist/improve my work), perhaps this is because the journal feature is defined as journal article, thus limiting attachment of several articles into one journal... maybe you should see if the book feature can work for your purpose. Sorry, I couldn't be more helpful.
  • Nevertheless, thank you very much. In fact I thought of using the book item, but wanted to look before what other people are doing. Thanks again
  • Do you need to cite the journal issue as a whole? Book might be the best solution at the moment.
    [There has been some debate about the addition of specific types for "single journal issue" and "periodical" in the next major release of zotero (zotero 3.5 probably, see http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/15636/3/changes-to-fields-and-item-types-for-zotero-31-/#Item_18)]