[Style request] for NEMO-Online

Hello.

We need a style for our review (http://nemo-online.org/).

General layout
‎<NAME (SMALL CAPITAL LETTERS)>, <Forename (complete if available)>, <other authors – ‎limited to three (use “, et al.” for supplementary authors) – in the format “Forename, NAME ‎‎(SMALL CAPITAL LETTERS)”>: <Title (“Ms.” added if needed in the title for manuscripts)>, ‎‎<Magazine or review if any>, < “vol. number” (if available)> <“editor Forename, Name” (if ‎available - initial capital letters)> <series series number (if any)> <Type (PhD thesis, Master ‎thesis etc.) (CD, Tape, DVD etc. of Media if any)>, <Label for Media>, <Publisher (or Library ‎for manuscripts)> <|Publishing place, year(with alphabetical disambiguation)-month-day|> ‎‎<[“ISBN:nnbs”“identifier”, “doi:nnbs”“identifier”, “url:nnbs”“address”] ‎‎<p.“nnbs”“xxxx-yyyy”>.‎

‎<Title>: italics for books and manuscripts, quotes for articles, no quotes for conference papers.‎

‎< “vol. number” (if available)>: (if book or Encyclopedia volume) “vol. number” “/”“number ‎of volumes (vols.)”.‎

‎“nnbs” = “narrow non breaking space”.‎

CITATION in text (or in notes)‎

Complete disambiguation (+NAME, +FORENAME, +DATE) ‎

‎[<Name>, <Year>, <volume number>, “p.”“nnbs”<page numbers in full format>]‎

We have a (nearly) complete set of specifications and examples(see http://nemo-online.org/transliteration-and-style-sheets).

Any help would be welcome.

AB

PS.: I have tried to adapt the Chicago author-date style for this purpose: too difficult for me. French quotation marks are also needed for a variant style, but I can modify the style accordingly, if it exists with an English locale. Please note that punctuation-in-quote="false".
  • sorry for not replying earlier - I'll need something along these lines:
    https://github.com/citation-style-language/styles/wiki/Requesting-Styles
    figuring out this style will take too much time for me.
  • Thank you for answering.
    If I can provide a Style that worked with Zotero 3.01 but would not pass the test of validation, and stopped working with Zotero 3.0.3, would that be helpful ?
    You can also have a look at http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/22800?page=1#Item_21 in which I explain the problem.

AB
  • try this:
    https://gist.github.com/2439772 (download using the "raw" link on the top right of that page). If that styles doesn't look right (I just fixed the style you uploaded in the other thread so it validates), follow the instructions under "requesting styles" I linked to above.
  • I have tried the style: it validates, but it does not work.

Not that it does not look right, but the Zotero review pane says it is invalid, and when I try to install it from Word it says also that the style is invalid.
  • Just a correction : it is the Zotero Reference Test Pane (chrome://zotero/content/tools/csledit.xul) that tells me there is an XML error:
    "Error parsing style:
    TypeError: myxml is undefined"
  • works for me - does that depend on which item you select in Zotero? If so, with which item type do you see problems?
  • I have just checked the whole process again, including different selections : the style still does not validate in the Zotero reference test pane, and is not accepted by "Word".

I have tried to validate it once again at http://validator.nu/ and it validates with the answer "The document validates according to the specified schema(s) and to additional constraints checked by the validator."
  • and that's the version of the style I link to above?
    Again the question - does whether this works in the test pane depend on the item you select in Zotero? E.g. try with just one journal article or one book selected.
  • Here it is: https://gist.github.com/2464911

I have just replaced "NEMO with "Essai "("Test" in French) in order to test it completely independently from the old style (which does not validate with http://validator.nu/ but works perfectly well with Zotero 3.01 and passes the test of the Zotero Reference Test Pane).
  • Also - I have tried with one, or more items - the "Essai" version does not work with word (the style is invalid says the zotero plug-in) and it does not pass the Zotero Reference Test Pane
  • works for me, both in the word processor plugin and the text pane. Save a copy of any of your custom styles, then try resetting your styles on the advanced tab of the Zotero preferences and try again. Might be that you somehow corrupted your style directory in the whole process.
  • OK - I have tried this : saving my custom styles in a sub-directory of directory "styles" in the Zotero directory, and have erased custom styles and others.

After resetting the styles, everything was wiped out, including the sub-directory in the style directory (but I have a back up version from yesterday), and the standard styles were reinstalled by the program.

However, after reinstalling manually "Essai Online.csl", it still does not work for exporting bibliographies, either for one item or for many, and the style is still not accepted by word, and does not pass the Zotero Reference test Pane test.
  • create an error report ID (and post it here) after trying to use the style in Word and in the reference pane
    http://www.zotero.org/support/reporting_bugs
    Also, please clarify what you mean by:
    "does not pass the Zotero Reference test Pane test."
    Specifically, what happens if you have no item selected in Zotero when you paste the style into the test pane? What types of items are you trying this with? Which version of Zotero are you using?
  • Report ID: 292213717

I use Zotero plugin for Firefox Version 3.0.1.

By "not passing the test of the Zotero Reference test Pane" I mean getting this message when I try to load the style (Essai Online) : "Error parsing style:
    TypeError: myxml is undefined"

If I have not selected a reference in Zotero and I paste the style in the Zotero Reference test Pane and ask for a "refresh", I get the following message : "No references selected in Zotero."

The items I am trying to test are various, including books, articles (mainly) encyclopedia articles, webpages etc.
  • edited April 22, 2012
    Why are you using 3.0.1? Upgrade to 3.0.3, reset your styles again, and don't reinstall any styles. Then try adamsmith's style in the test pane only, and provide another Report ID if it fails.
  • I have tried this; it works. Report ID: 2098379193.

Then I have tried to install the style, which is not installed by the program. Report ID: 1392640995.
  • The previous comment concerns Zotero plugin Version 3.0.3, which I installed before testing the style.
  • I have tried this; it works. Report ID: 2098379193.
    That error report already shows lots of problems from installed styles. Reset your styles again, restart Firefox, and try the test pane. Provide another Report ID from that.

Then, and only then, try reinstalling it.

The style installs fine for me.
  • Report ID: 1438319290.

The style would not install; Report ID: 1355971365.
  • [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND) [nsILocalFile.copyToFollowingLinks]" nsresult: "0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/style.js :: _completeInstall :: line 345" data: no]
    What did you name the file? Just name it test.csl to try it.
  • I named the file "Essai Online" : I copy it to the "styles" directory of zotero, then install it, or try to.

Whenever I do so, the style DISAPPEARS from the "styles" directory.
  • Just name it test.csl to try it.
    I'm suspecting the problem might be the space in the filename.
  • I named the style test.csl, and changed the name in the style to test.
    The test pane gives me no errors; ID Report: 1554081067.
  • The test pane gives me no errors
    meaning it works in the test pane? If that's the case but it's still not working in Word, one more time reset your style directory (backing up anything you need outside of the directory) and re-install the style.
  • After which I reset the styles with report ID: 900364546.
  • edited April 23, 2012
    I have restarted Firefox, and reset the styles. After testing the style in the reference test pane, this works and I created the following report ID: 293082330
  • I have just reset the styles, with report ID: 721896132
  • I have saved the style "test.csl" in the styles folder of zotero.
    I have tried to install it in the "preferences">"cite">"styles">"+" menu commands, and pressed "OK".
    Report ID is 538989453.

I have just checked the contents of the zotero "styles" folder: the "test.csl" file has disappeared.
  • If you saved the file as test.csl in the styles folder, it should just show up automatically in Zotero—if you try to reinstall it from there you could easily get an error, since Zotero is trying to replace the file with the file that already exists. So don't do that.

If you just save test.csl to that directory, does the style not show up in the list of styles?

If not, provide a Debug ID for Firefox startup through viewing the Cite->Styles preferences pane, using the "Enabled after restart" debug logging option.
  • OK. It is in fact in the "advanced" tab.
    "The Debug ID is D909752194."