"archive" Zotero library/folder offline (and stop syncing it)

I was wondering if there is an easy(ish) way to "archive" a Zotero library/folder (including all the PDFs, etc) locally and remove it from the directories that get synced.

The idea is this: You keep citations in a Zotero folder associated with a project. You finish the project and do not intend to change the contents of the folder again. You do not need to continue syncing the folder, but would like to keep a static "archive" copy somewhere offline in case you need to refer back to it (by somehow pointing Zotero to its location).
  • no, that's not possible. You can obviously keep a copy of your entire database, from that time though - given current pricing for HD space, that shouldn't be a problem.
  • I'd like to know whether there is an update on this (10 years later). I am a member of an international consortium of 200-odd authors who wrote a report that is now submitted and finished. The group library for this has 50,000 citations and at least 10,000 of them have pdfs linked. As you can imagine, this significantly slows down searches, especially in CiteWhileYouWrite mode. I would like to 'archive' that group library and remove it from my active zotero, but be able to reload the library if needed at a later stage. Is this (or something like this) possible now?
This discussion has been closed.