Upload files through the web interface

It seems to me that it is not yet possible to upload files (attachments) through the web interface. A quick look at forum entries revealed that this is still to be implemented. Can you give me any information about when this is going to be done and available? The group we're considering using Zotero for won't be able to install any software on their clients, which means we have to rely on a web-only solution. Uploading attachments would be a crucial feature here.

Thanks!
  • This has just been implemented in the API, so I'd expect it to come to the web interface relatively soon.
    That said, I don't think Zotero is the best choice of software if many of your users are going to be web-only.
    It might be at some point in the future, but right now the web interface is still quite limited compared to many competitors.
  • Web-based file upload has been implemented. It'll be available on the public site in the near future.
  • Just checking: is this already implemented? I can see an "Attachments" line in the web interface, but no buttons to upload the file...
  • It hasn't been rolled out quite yet, no.
  • Is this function far away? 5 months since the last update.
  • this has been possible for about two weeks now - try it out.
  • Can you quickly walk me through how to do this from the web interface? I wasn't able to find an option to upload anything. Is it the "attachment" feature when trying to create a journal article for example? Even if I create a new "journal article" etc... I wasn't able to discover how to add the "attachment".
  • click on any existing item (that isn't itself a note or an attachment). At the bottom, below the tags, there is an "Upload Attachments" button.

If you want to do that for a new item save the item first, then upload the attachment. (You may be able to input the filepath directly into the "attachment" box when you're creating the new item, but I don't know if that works).
  • I have the Upload Attachments button and proceed with steps but then it takes forever to upload and never seems to complete the task. I have upgraded to 2GB to be sure there is space. Still it doesn't get there????
  • What Operating System and Browser versions are you using?
  • How to add attachment to existing item through V3 API.
    I have tried by posting form data but its not working.
  • @akashl: You should post API questions to zotero-dev.