Dealing with "related" info

Hi,

I am using the "related" feature, but it doesn't apply any mark/sign to the item item. Even "advanced search" seems not to provide ways to identify items related.

So, to items that are related to others, I am adding a note=> "see related". In this way I can identify when any item has "related" set.

HELP=> Is there any easy way to identity items that are related with others, without the need of click/select "related" tab?

Thanks in advance!
  • Thanks for information. I read the other threads. What a pity even a simple mark in "related" be available! Until any feature be implemented, I will still using "notes" to indicate related items...
  • Do you know whether something about it has any chance to be implemented soon?
  • I don't think this is a high priority for core devs ATM. That's typically something which could be done by someone from the community with programming knowledge. I'm afraid it's beyond my skills.
  • It's beyond my skills as well! Do you know whether there is a forum category to post it as need to be developed by community?

The category "Developers" is closed (there it is mentioned => "Please use the dev list (zotero-dev)" and I couldn't find it).

Besides, in the category "Feature Requests", I found a request about "Related Tab" issue from 2006 (http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/178/). Considering six years has passed, it isn't really a high priority!!!
  • There's no need for more threads.
  • Hi Dan,

Do you have idea whether "related" tab will be improved in future by developers team?
  • A related feature request:
    I'd like to add a little note to the 'related' link, that I can use to remind me why the documents are related.

I find that I rarely use 'related', even though it could be useful in many cases. Instead I do things like adding a very simple note, with a title like "c.f. Lingford-Hughes 2011".

Hey! Wait a minute! Don't notes have 'related' links? I might solve my problem by using them instead.

Nevermind.