Problem with Search

Hello,
I am having a problem with searching. I added two new .pdf files to one of my entries all of which are searchable in my .pdf program. However, when I tried searching for one of the terms used in the documents, nothing appeared. I tried other words specific to those documents and still nothing. I am now a bit concerned that the search feature if faulty and not picking up all the relevant search terms in other documents and entries as well. I would appreciate any help resolving this.

I am using Zotero 3.0.3 and Firefox 9.0.

Thanks so much!
  • 1. Don't use FF 9 - it's no longer supported by mozilla and insecure

2. There are two possible reasons for this: a) Either you're performing the search wrong, or b) the pdfs aren't indexed for whatever reason.
    For a): Note that the regular search box just searches for title, author, and year - you have to switch it to everywhere or use advanced search to search full texts.
    For b): select the pdf attachement in Zotero - on the right you will see some descriptions of it including a Indexed: Yes or Indexed: No - what does it say?
  • Thank you for the message! I feel like an idiot! I had all tags & fields selected rather than everything. But regarding FF 9, which FF version would you most recommend?
  • For a regular user, always keep FF up to date with it's most current version - currently 11.0.
    (For users who have to negotiate with an IT department for each version update there is version 10.x with extended support until the end of 2012. Older versions of FF do not receive critical security updates or bugfixes anymore).
  • Thank you! I will make the change!