"There was an error starting Zotero" dialog on EXIT/QUIT

I have Zotero open.
It is working well; I have just added a citation with three child attachments.
I am clicking on the X to close Zotero.
I see a dialogue box Alert saying "There was an error starting Zotero" with one option that says OK.
I click OK. The alert goes away. Zotero remains open. I can still click around and use Zotero.
I click the X to close again and again with the same results. Zotero syncs with the server and I try again with the same results.

There are two bugs here, one easy and one hard.

The easy one is that the string needs to be changed, to something like "there was an error stopping/quitting/closing Zotero."

The hard one is figuring out what causes that error.

(I'm running up-to-date FF11 on Windows 7).
  • The string doesn't need to be changed—what you're describing should just never happen.

Provide a Report ID?
  • Report ID 1432456665, which looks like it has a lot of non-Zotero errors.
  • Does this happen with all other Firefox extensions disabled?

If so, provide a Debug ID for the close attempt.
  • I can't make it reliably happen after a restart even with all other FF extensions enabled. Sorry that I can't provide even the completed diagnostics for the harder bug, but the easier one might be solvable - even if this should never happen, it clearly just did; vague error messages should probably account for that.
  • We've never seen this before, and we can't change every error message to account for every bizarre fluke that might happen on one person's system. The fact that the problem doesn't at all correspond to the message is itself an indication that something is unexpectedly wrong.

Let us know if you manage to produce a Debug ID for the issue—it's unlikely we'll be able to debug it without that.