Citation numbers

Hi. I'm using Zotero with Word 2003 and am currently editing a document with citations as endnotes. Can I make the citations start at a number higher than than '1' ? If so, how?
  • which citation style? If it's a numerical style - Nature, Vancouver etc. - the answer is definitely no.
    If it's a Footnote/Endote style (Chicago Manual, MHRA etc.) the numbering of the notes is determined by Word/LO - Zotero essentially just tells the word processor "insert a new footnote with a citation here" so you'd have to see if there is a possibility to change the starting number there - I don't know.
  • The citation style is American Chemical Society - which I'd say is a numerical style, so that would mean I'm out of luck.

FYI: In Word it is possible to change which number footnotes and endnotes start at.
  • yes, ACS is numerical. I'm sorry to say that I don't think there's a way to do this. What's the use case?
  • I would like to have continuous citation numbers without joining the two documents to one.