APA Style - Incert references in footnotes are not reported to the bibliography

I use sometimes to add an explanation in footnotes,
for instance :
"This approach is consistent with (Lüder, 2002) which argue that environmental conditions (...)"

The problem is that when Zotero generates my bybliography ALL references which are quoted ONLY in my footnotes are not reported in my bibliography.

The trick I found is either to copy those references at a empty latest page and don't export it when generating the latest PDF file either to include those references in white somewhere in the text.

I would like to know if this comportment (adding references in foot notes) is allowed or not by APA 6th and if it is, why my references are not appear in my bibliography ?

Thanks for any comments

Christos
  • They should appear in the bibliography - any other behavior is a bug.
    I'll see if I can reproduce your problem, in the meantime - what version of Word/LO are you using and on which system?
  • Oups sorry :
    Windows XP SP3 Pro
    Microsoft Word 2007
    Latest version of Zotero

All Microsoft updates are made

Thanks
  • I do confirm with a new file I do have bibliography even when I add citations in footnotes ...
    Any false manipulation from my part ? there is a way to recreate indexes and / or bibliography ?

Thanks
  • works correctly for me on Libre Office/Linux - someone would have to check in Word for Windows.
  • Refresh document in the plugin would refresh the bibliography - but it sounds more like something broke or removed Zotero field codes to the cites in footnotes (i.e. the Zotero connection to them). Try re-inserting some. And see if they show up in the bibliography when you refresh the document.

One way this could maybe happen is if you use Bookmarks instead of Fields in the Document Preferences
    http://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_usage#document_preferences
  • I found the problem, it was actually an error in installation ... By uninstalling, reinstalling the issue was corrected ... So we can close this issue.
    Christos
  • Hey, I have the same problem. What did you actually uninstall?? The Word plugin? Thanks in advance!!
  • Yes, uninstalling Word Plugin AND Zotero, repairing office installation, install zotero and word plugin

Please be sure to not use Word while installing Word Pluging