Preview pane broken

Hi,

I've been trying to work on a a new citation style but I cannot select any style. On the preview panel the list of styles on the top right corner has disappeared. If I try to select a document, it does not appear in the preview pane. I work on PC. Thanks for your help.
  • Zotero for Firefox? Which version?
  • For me both csledit.xul and cslpreview.xul are broken as well, but only when loaded via the Zotero preferences (Windows XP, Zotero for Firefox 3.0.3, Firefox 11). I always get the message "No references selected in Zotero.", while both panes work fine if loaded directly via the address bar.
  • This is a known issue fixed for 3.0.4 (the problem is/was that the test pane opens in a new Window by itself and Zotero item selections don't "travel" across windows).
    If Rintze's solution - just past chrome://zotero/content/tools/csledit.xul into the URL bar in FF to open the test panel - doesn't work, there may be another problem, though.
  • I can confirm that cslpreview is not working *when loaded directly via the address bar*. As Benedicte wrote it, the drop-down menu has disappeared: screen.
    (Z 3.0.3, FF 10.0.2, Win7)
  • oh - that's a different issue, then :-(. Works for me on Linux - currently using the branch xpi, but I'm 99% sure I had this working in 3.0.3, too.
  • What drop-down? There's a drop-down in csledit, not in cslpreview.
  • My mistake, sorry. Anyway, nothing appears in the page ("Citation/Bibliography list" AFAIR)
  • edited March 20, 2012
    After clicking Refresh, with items selected in Zotero? It works fine for me.
  • edited March 20, 2012
    Yes. When I click "refresh", I get a message (grey popup like when adding items, don't know the name of this) in the bottom right corner: "Create a bibliography from selected items. Zotero Preview Pane" [my translation from French].

Report ID: 555150015
  • Make a backup copy of your 'styles' directory and then reset it from the Advanced pane of the prefs (or just delete it and restart Firefox). If that works, add the styles back one by one until you find one that breaks it.
  • Ok. I'll do that later and give you feedback.
  • Solved. Thanks.
  • It works. Thanks a lot !