PDF files not syncing between individual, group library

I'm helping a couple of users who are trying to share PDF files between libraries. For some reason, some of the files have transferred between them (when they sync), but most of the PDF files are not syncing. When the user who did not save the PDF tries to open it, she gets the error message prompting her to locate it in Zotero storage, but this doesn't work. Some of the apparently-missing files have been transferred between machines, but they're not associated with the correct record. I tried replicating the problem on my machine with the same results.

We're all on Mac OSX machines, using Zotero 3.0.3. Firefox browsers for two of our machines are 3.6.8 and 10.0.2.

We've all set preferences to sync attachment files in group libraries using Zotero storage and to sync attachment files in personal libraries using Zotero.

We're also having some problems with proxied library resources (at least those with URLs that do not include the school's proxy info in the URL) aren't enabling the user to log in from off-campus. I am going to try to replicate that problem from home.

Any idea what might be happening?

Thank you,
Alana