Storage fees cumulative?

I quickly found that the 100Mb free storage would not be enough, so in late December, 2011, I bought a 1Gb. Quickly ran out of that too, so in Feb, 2012, bought 5GB.

I don't quite understand whether I now have 5 Gb or 6 Gb of storage, and why my expiration date is May 19, 2014 (nice!). Please explain? It's probably in the terms of storage somewhere, but parsing that would be beyond me, I'm sure!

Thanks.

Dwain
  • I show an expiration in 2013. When you upgrade your storage the remaining value from your previous subscription is added at the new level. Your storage quota (5GB) and usage should be shown on zotero.org/settings/storage
  • Thanks. My 'remaining value' means a pro-rated addition? So, in the simplest case, if I have half a year to go on 1gb then update to 5 gb, I get my 5gb expiry date extended by half of (1/5) a year?

BTW, I have a screen shot of my settings page that shows May 19, 2014, but I can't see a way to send or attach it. Why do you suppose you and I would be seeing different dates?
  • If you're looking on the right side, that is a preview of what your new quota and expiration would be if you ordered the plan that is currently selected there. The current status is in the larger column on the left which also breaks down the storage that is being used by your personal and group libraries.
  • Thanks for pointing that out. It all makes sense now.