Style Error: Genome Research

Hi,

I came across an error in the Genome Research style:

In the bibliography, the name of last author should not be preceded by "and" (just ", ", as for the other authors).

Thanks,

Pär
  • I found another error in this style. Name disambiguation by inclusion of additional names should be disabled. I.e. line 122 should be changed from

<citation et-al-min="3" et-al-use-first="1" disambiguate-add-year-suffix="true" disambiguate-add-names="true" disambiguate-add-givenname="true" collapse="year">

to

<citation et-al-min="3" et-al-use-first="1" disambiguate-add-year-suffix="true" collapse="year">
  • Here are some links and excerpts to demonstrate the style used by the journal.

The bibliography format is briefly described here:
    http://genome.cshlp.org/site/misc/ifora_mspreparation.xhtml

For an example of disambiguation, see e.g. the Kim et al. references in this paper (open access):
    http://genome.cshlp.org/content/22/3/539.full

An excerpt from the paper and its bibliography:

"...a single site in the genome (Kim et al. 2010a, 2011b)"

Kim JS, Lee HJ, Carroll D. 2010a. Genome editing with modularly assembled zinc-finger nucleases. Nat Methods 7: 91.

Kim S, Lee HJ, Kim E, Kim J-S. 2010b. Analysis of targeted chromosomal deletions induced by zinc finger nucleases. Cold Spring Harb Protoc. doi: 10.1101/pdb.prot5477.

Kim H, Um E, Cho SR, Jung C, Kim JS. 2011a. Surrogate reporters for enrichment of cells with nuclease-induced mutations. Nat Methods 8: 941–943.

Kim S, Lee MJ, Kim H, Kang M, Kim JS. 2011b. Preassembled zinc-finger arrays for rapid construction of ZFNs. Nat Methods 8: 7.
  • thanks, I should be able to do this within the next couple of days.
  • I've come across one more error in this style. Periods should be stripped in journal abbreviations, as in the example in my post from Mar 13 above. This can be achieved by the following change in the parent style "Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press":

change:

<text variable="container-title" form="short" font-style="italic"/>

to:

<text variable="container-title" form="short" font-style="italic" strip-periods="true"/>

Thanks,
    Par
  • thanks, I fixed all of this now. You'll only see an updated timestamp for the Cold Spring Harbor Lab. Press style, to which Genome Research links.