Dialog box opens once per tab, instead of once

I have a computer with an open web browser. Every now and again, I'll look at it and see this message:
"Invalid username or password: The Zotero sync server did not accept your username and password. Please check that you have entered your zotero.org login information correctly in the Zotero sync preferences." Buttons are "Open Sync Preferences..." (why the ellipse?) and "Cancel"; both dismiss the dialog box with nothing happening.

The issue I wish to report here is that instead of one of these coming up, there are several of them stacked on top of one another, actually one for each open tab in the browser; sometimes (e. g. last check) it was one for each of the maximum number of tabs that had been open that session, though some had been closed by the time I was clicking through them to get back to browsing.

Zotero should check to see if one of these dialogs is aleady open before opening another.
  • This discussion should be deleted; it was submitted in duplicate thanks to a browser crash & server error.