Book section => Dealing with "author book" and "editor"

Hi,

In my current custom style, to item type "book section", I have the following output (differences considering "Editor" and "Author Book"):

Editor:
Author, A. Book Section Title. In: Editor, E. (Org.). Book Title.

Book Author:
Author, A. Book Section Title. In: BAuthor, B. (Ed.). Book Title.

HELP=> I would like to "Book Author" to remove the field (Ed.) in the way that the reference will be as following:

Author, A. Book Section Title. In: BAuthor, B. Book Title.

Is it possible to be applied, without cause any related modification in "Editor"?

Ps.: I am mentioning "Editor" because in prior test I made, the (Ed.) was removed from "Book Author", but the (Org.) was removed undesirably from "Editor". And now I am confused about how to deal with this issue...

Thanks,
Cadu
  • you can always assume that we need to see the respective style code for questions like this.
    Book authors are called by "container-author" in csl if that helps.
  • Hi,

The style is available in: http://www.4shared.com/file/bKtAmK6W/abnt_test.html

After changing some things, "Editor" (Org.) isn't being showed in references. Actually, assuming that there is an "author", what I need it is just when an additional Editor is selected the (Org.) should appear=> Author, A. Book Section Title. In: Editor, E. (Org.). Book Title.

In the case of "book author", it is in the right form, once (Ed.) isn't being showed in reference anymore. => Author, A. Book Section Title. In: BAuthor, B. Book Title.

In short, I just need that (Org.) could appear in reference when "editor" is selected.

Thanks,
    Cadu
  • Sorry, I don't understand what you need. Please provide an example of what you're currently getting and what you actually need.
  • Thanks for your availability on helping!

In short:

I just need that when there is an editor, the reference shows the term (Org.) after his name. And it isn't happen to item type "book section" (nothing is appearing).

The CSL code available in=> http://www.4shared.com/file/uhHX8498/abnt_CEPEAD_2.html

The part of the code in which the problem seems to be happening:

<term name="editor" form="short">
    <single>org</single>
    <multiple>org</multiple>
    </term>
    <single>org</single>
    <multiple>org</multiple>
    </term>
    <term name="container-author" form="short">
    <single></single>
    <multiple></multiple>
    </term>
    <term name="collection-editor" form="short">
    <single>ed</single>
    <multiple>ed</multiple>
    </term>
    </terms>
    </locale>
  • you need to specify a label in the container-contributors macro as in:
    <names variable="container-author" delimiter=", ">
    <name name-as-sort-order="all" sort-separator=", " initialize-with=". " delimiter="; " delimiter-precedes-last="always">
    <name-part name="family" text-case="uppercase" />
    <name-part name="given" text-case="uppercase" />
    </name>
    <label form="short" prefix="(" text-case="capitalize-first" suffix=")"/>
    </names>

for your purposes, I'd remove this from the style:
    <single>org</single>
    <multiple>org</multiple>
    </term>
    <single>org</single>
    <multiple>org</multiple>
    </term>

it's already in the pt-BR locale and you're actually making things more complicated by re-defining the term.

Also, for the future, please don't use 4shared to share code - while I'm sure it's great for large files, it's not suitable for code-sharing: I don't want to wait 20secs and I don't want to have to download the file before viewing it. Use pastebin.com or a public gist at gist.github.com. Neither requires registration to use.
  • edited March 12, 2012
    l. 79:

<macro name="container-contributors">
    <choose>
    <if type="chapter">
    <text value="In: "/>
    <names variable="container-author" delimiter=", ">
    <name name-as-sort-order="all" sort-separator=", " initialize-with=". " delimiter="; " delimiter-precedes-last="always">
    <name-part name="family" text-case="uppercase" />
    <name-part name="given" text-case="uppercase" />
    </name>
    <et-al prefix=" " font-style="italic"/>
    <substitute>
    <names variable="editor"/>
    <label form="short" prefix=" (" suffix=".)" text-case="uppercase" font-variant="normal"/>
    <names variable="collection-editor"/>
    </substitute>
    </names>
    </if>
    </choose>
    </macro>

I added: <label form="short" prefix=" (" suffix=".)" text-case="uppercase" font-variant="normal"/>

Edit: almost the same as adamsmith. Try both solutions... (And +1 against 4shared)
  • (I didn't test my code, so Gracile's may be better and also addresses the issue of not getting a label for container-authors. In any case, the general idea is the same.)
  • Thanks. It worked!