Error when inserting citation

Hey!

I have the following problem:

When I insert an citation I get the following error:

ERROR:xpcom:Unhandled exception calling 'int8 getText(out retval wstring);'
TypeError: This parameter must be a string or Unicode object

[JavaScript Error: "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [zoteroIntegrationField.getText]" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/integration.js" line: 1514}]

Usually Firefox shuts down afterwards. The funny thing is that the first citation after the restart always works. The error will then occur again on the second attempt.
I use Firefox 3.6.27 and the latest version of zotero.
Can somebody help me out?

Thank you!
  • This is the same issue as reported here. If you can send a document that produces the error to support@zotero.org, that would be great. We'd like to fix it, but we can't until someone sends us a document that we can use to reproduce the issue...
  • Ok I will send it to you!
  • edited March 4, 2012
    Thanks for helping us finally get to the bottom of this issue. The problem is an empty field near the top of page 33, next to the reference to footnote 111. If you press Fn+Option+F9 to show field codes, you should be able to see it and remove it. (Press Fn+Option+F9 again to stop showing field codes.) We'll make sure that these fields are properly ignored in the next version of the Word plugin.
  • Thank you for your fast response. I found the empty field and deleted it but firefox still shuts down after inserting the second citation. Only this time the error message doesnt pop up. Can you maybe send me back the fixed file if its working for you?

Thanks!
  • Solved the problem. Thank you