Changing a translator (e.g. BibTex.js)

Hi,
When I change a translator file (in my example I commented out some lines from BibTex.js), the changes do not immediately take effect. How may I change this behaviour, or how do I removed the cached version of that file?
Best regards,
jfr
  • It should happen immediately. Export/import translators aren't cached. You can try restarting FF, but I've worked with the bibtex translator and changing it "live" has never been a problem.
  • Ok, thanks.
    Another question:
    is it possible to add a third checkbox in the export catalog in order to choose if the "extra" field from zotero should become the "note" field in the .bib file?
    This would be very nice, as some translators add some information to the extra field (e.g. the pubmed translator adds the PMID) and I dont want this field to show up in my latex output.
  • I would guess there's little enthusiasm for that, but I'm not one of the hardcore BibTex people here. It seems strange to me that a bibtex style would use "note" in a citation, though.
  • jfr
    edited February 29, 2012
    "apa" does it, but perhaps there is a way to suppress this behavior.
    However, I read some manual pages and did not find such an option for apa, so hacking my BibTex.js was easier.