Chicago Style - Number in text and full reference at end

Hi - I DID search for this, so sorry if this is a duplicate.

In my in-text citation, I need just a superscript number - and I have that now after doing a forum search :-).

I still have a few issues that I am sure are minor...
1. In the reference list, the numbers are formatted as superscript - can i make them regular without changing the in-text number?

2. In the reference list, I need the full reference. Currently I am getting just the author and date, as if I also have a full bibliography to refer to. Example:
2. Britten and Craig (2006)
3. (Zemsky & Massy, 2004, p. 31)

3. As you can see in the examples above, sometimes the reference is showing with () - basically, these all appear to be formatted as if they were in-text citations instead of a full reference.

What am I doing wrong?
  • Hmmm... I see now that my in-text citation is also in the wrong order. Currently it shows...
    materials 7.

and what I need is...
    materials .7
  • Which style are you using?
    If you just want Chicago Manual with full references in Endnotes, use "Chicago Full Note". The order of punctuation and reference is not influenced by Zotero - if you insert the reference before a period you'll get 7. if you insert it behind it .7.
  • OK - I changed to the Chicago Full Notes style, but the reference list doesn't look different - some are full and others are partial...

1. John Bennett and Linda Bennett, “A Review of Factors That Influence the Diffusion of Innovation When Structuring a Faculty Training Program.,” Internet and Higher Education 6, no. 1 (2003): 54; M. D. Roblyer et al., “Findings on Facebook in Higher Education: A Comparison of College Faculty and Student Uses and Perceptions of Social Networking Sites,” Internet and Higher Education 13, no. 3 (June 2010): 134; Franziska Zellweger Moser, “Strategic Management of Educational technology--The Importance of Leadership and Management,” Tertiary Education and Management 13, no. 2 (June 2007): 146.
    2 Britten and Craig (2006)
    3 Jeffrey R. Young, “Reaching the Last Technology Holdouts at the Front of the Classroom,” The Chronicle of Higher Education, July 24, 2010, sec. Technology, http://chronicle.com/article/Reaching-the-Last-Technology/123659/.
    4 (Zemsky & Massy, 2004, p. 31)
    5 Berge & Muilenburg

Thanks for the tip on the period - I originally had this in APA style, so the periods were after the in-text citation.
  • that looks like you edited the citations using "Show Editor" before - as the warning displayed says, they won't reflect future updates/changes in citation style. Britten and Craig (2006) and (Zemsky & Massy, 2004, p. 31) are APA citations.
  • Bummer!

Thanks anyway.

Any ideas on making the references not superscripted?
  • "Any ideas on making the references not superscripted? "
    not sure what you're looking for - you can set the footnote style in your word-processor - that's entirely independent of Zotero (which only tells the word processor "insert footnote/endnote) if that's the question.
  • OK - I am getting there...
    I need full references with lat name, first name.

I have complete references when I use the Notes version of CMS, but the author's name is first then last...
    1. John Bennett and Linda Bennett, “A Review of Factors That Influence the Diffusion of Innovation When Structuring a Faculty Training Program.,” Internet and Higher Education 6, no. 1 (2003): 54; M. D. Roblyer et al., “Findings on Facebook in Higher Education: A Comparison of College Faculty and Student Uses and Perceptions of Social Networking Sites,” Internet and Higher Education 13, no. 3 (June 2010): 134; Franziska Zellweger Moser, “Strategic Management of Educational technology--The Importance of Leadership and Management,” Tertiary Education and Management 13, no. 2 (June 2007): 146.
    2. Jody S. Britten and Penny Craig, “Developing Contextualized Faculty Training: Faculty Development to Support University-wide Digital Portfolio Initiatives,” College Quarterly 9, no. 2 (2006), http://www.eric.ed.gov/ERICWebPortal/contentdelivery/servlet/ERICServlet?accno=EJ835401.

But when I change to Notes version, I get partial references with the last name then first...
    1. Bennett and Bennett, “A Review of Factors That Influence the Diffusion of Innovation When Structuring a Faculty Training Program.,” 54; Roblyer et al., “Findings on Facebook in Higher Education,” 134; Zellweger Moser, “Strategic Management of Educational technology--The Importance of Leadership and Management,” 146.
    2. Britten and Craig, “Developing Contextualized Faculty Training.”