Work on several documents simultaneously

Zotero is not appropriate to work on several documents at the same time.

I'm an historian and I put my manuscript in Zotero. I would like to work faster on several documents to put at once : the date, the number, the archive name...
Can I work on several manuscripts at the same time? If I want to put the same date in five manuscripts, how do I do?

When several documents are highlighted, the option "duplicate" doesn't appear in "right-click". Can this option be put n the future?
  • edited February 23, 2012
    Batch editing is planned for Zotero 3.5, if that's what you're referring to.

(And if so, you want to say "items", not "documents". I know Zotero's French locale calls them "documents", but that's too confusing in English, since we use "documents" to refer to Word/LibreOffice files, in the context of the word processor plugins.)
  • Yes, Items ! Sorry... When will bring out Zotero 3.5 ? Is it a list of the future options ?
  • will be a while - Zotero 3.0 just came out. And no, there is no list of planned features. Two things that are very likely to happen are color coded tags and batch editing.
  • These are the two things I need most !
  • Bonjour,

"Batch editing" is in Zotero 4 ?
  • edited April 7, 2013
    no - didn't quite make it because 4.0 needed to be released with a firm deadline for FF20 compatibility. Dan says 4.2 is the updated target.
  • You know how long? (timetable ?)
  • No one does - it mostly depends how smoothly the new sync architecture works. Zotero is a tiny team, predictions on ETAs for new features aren't really feasible.
    (Also, to be clear, 4.2 is a target, not a promise - the main priority for 4.2 are long promised item type updates.)
  • I would also highly prefer to have this feature. I want to change in a big amount of Items the Author Name from "?" to "unbekannter Künstler2 (which means: unknown artist). A feature like Batch editin would be really handy!
  • Everyone agrees that this would be nice feature and it is indeed planned. It just has not been implemented yet, but will be some day.
  • Hello,

There's something new ?
  • same status as above, tentatively scheduled for Zotero 4.2, but no guarantee. If not in 4.2, then in the major version after that.