Long delay before item is imported into library

Lately I noticed Zotero is taking really long (1-2 minutes) between the moment I click on the Save To Zotero button (e.g. on a ScienceDirect page) and when the item finally appears in my library (including PDF attachment). This also sometimes slows down my computer so much that any audio playing will freeze for a few seconds. Is this normal? Can I do anything to make it more responsive?

Thanks for any help!
  • no - probably due to slow download of a large pdf.
  • I would say that's unlikely - just clocked it at 25 seconds to import a locally-stored 500 kB PDF file...
  • We'd need a Debug ID for the save attempt.
  • Got two debug IDs, for two different operations:

D904831559 - importing a locally-stored PDF of about 1,300kB (took less this time)

D1368014344 - importing paper from ScienceDirect
  • Disable or uninstall the (broken) Zotero Scholar Citations plugin, for starters, and upgrade to the latest version of Firefox. (You're on 7.0.1.)

If it's still slow without ZSC and in Firefox 10, provide another Debug ID.
  • And if it is still slow, tell us how many items you have and your full-text index stats in the Search pane of the Zotero preferences.
  • Thanks. I will update my Firefox, although the ZSC plugin I find quite useful, although it's clearly buggy (only works if you periodically restart Firefox)