"web page" type missing in menus

Please see the discussion here:
http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/22041
  • no, you misunderstood what I said. The item type is missing on purpose, because people should be using the "create new item from page" function most of the time (and in the rare cases where they don't want to they can create another item type and switch).
    There may be a case for including it for Standalone and I thought devs had done that, but that's apparently not the case and it just appears for me bc of curious circumstances.
  • Hm, yes, I must be misunderstanding you... - and I do not understand at all now... ;-)

Your wrote "create item from page". Where is that? Perhaps you mean "save Zotero snapshot from current page" which is in the context menu (i.e. right-click menu) for every page? (I have actually never used that.)
  • It's Create new Item from Page in Zotero for Firefox and "Save Zotero Snapshot from Current Page" from Standalone with connector.
  • Thanks, then I see what you mean. It was useful and simple (but I actually prefer it without the snapshot most of the time).+
  • You'd have to try this out, but I believe if you turn off the "automatically attach snapshot" feature in the Zotero preferences (general) you'd not get a snapshot attached.
  • Thanks, but it still adds the snapshot.