Merging Documents Zotero 3.03

Zotero's Merge function added the duplicate PDF files to each of the folders the PDF was found. Is there a function that would combine the 2 files into one instead of adding the duplicates to the folders?
  • Zotero does not have folders. The collections are many-to-many relationships, so one item can belong to several collections without being a duplicate.
  • or is the issue that the merged item has multiple, identical pdf attachments now?
    That's a known issues, I believe devs are planning to implement a solution that will automatically delete identical attachment files when merging.
  • mronko & adasmith, thank you for your quick response.

The issue seems to be that the merged item has multiple-indetical pdf attachments. It could be that I downloaded the file twice or that the merge function just added an extra pdf file in both of the folder were the pdf file were located.
  • if both of the merged items have a pdf attachment, the merged item will have 2, yes. As I say, that will likely be fixed.
    I'm not quite sure what you're referring to with the folders, though - you'd have to describe what you're actually looking at/for.