Disappearing Citations

I am using the Zotero standalone on my desktop and a laptop. I added quite a few citations several days ago on the laptop which -- as far as I remember -- all synced to the desktop correctly at the time. Today, however, all the new citations are gone from the desktop and are also missing from my library on the website.

The funny thing is that the citations are still in my word document and still come out correctly when I hit the button to create a bibliography in-document. I can even add new references to the missing citations using the in-word doodad but *not* through the classic view.

Help!

Greg
  • Sounds like the items just didn't sync from your laptop. Your most recent items on the server are from a week ago, with no recent deletions.

http://www.zotero.org/support/kb/changes_not_syncing
    I can even add new references to the missing citations using the in-word doodad but *not* through the classic view.
    That could happen if the references were stored in the document, which is the default for new documents in 3.0.
  • Thanks for the help, that does seem most likely -- I could have sworn I'd seen them synced, but that could just be my mind playing tricks on me.