BUG: Cursor disappearing in notes

I recently re-installed Zotero in Firefox (3.0.3) and Standalone (3.0.2) in Linux Mint 11 on a Mactel 64bit computer. For some reason, now when I hit "enter" in a note, the cursor disappears. As soon as I start typing, it reappears on the new line. If I click anywhere on the note, the cursor appears on the previous line. And, if I paste in a chunk of text, the note window doesn't scroll to the bottom. I have to scroll manually. This is a small bug but it's really, really annoying.
  • To add to this buggy behavior, now very often the cursor in the note is jumping to the beginning of the note. As soon as I start typing, say at the bottom of the note, the typed text appears at the top. This is very, very frustrating.
  • To add to this buggy behavior, now very often the cursor in the note is jumping to the beginning of the note.
    Does this happen with auto-sync disabled in the Sync pane of the preferences?

Does it happen in a separate note window and/or in the right-hand pane?

Does it happen in both Firefox and Standalone? If just the former, does it happen with other extensions disabled?

Does it happen in all collections or just some?
  • Thanks for following up, Dan.

I will work on these problems and see if I can't replicate the bug in these settings. This may take some time...
  • Ok, so not as long as I thought. First of all, this bug report can be closed.

The behavior was limited to Zotero standalone. The reason was because I altered extensions.zotero.note.css in Z Standalone's about:config file. I included the line "br {display: none}" in an attempt to get rid of <br /> tags when copying and pasting from PDFs.

Doing this made for some weird behavior, including what I describe above and one instance where the cursor started justifying right!

I've deleted the line and the note is behaving as normal.

(On a side note, is there a way to target and eliminate (ie, display:none) specific HTML tags? This could help clean up material cut and pasted from PDFs.