insert/ edit citation functionality quits unexpectedly

Well, it's Fri. night, start of the weekend, so it's time for strange computer moments. All of a sudden the Zotero citation function stopped working. I'm unable to insert/ edit citations in my endnotes. It was all going just fine. Then from one note to the next, not at all. I click the insert citation icon, and the Zotero bar just disappears, the Firefox bar remains, and nothing happens in my text. I tried quitting Word (office for mac 2011, using Lion) and restarting. same thing happened with the original document, and also when I experimented by on a new blank document. Can't figure out why.
I have the latest versions of Zotero (3.0.3) and the Word integration for Mac (3.1.10) and Python 111220 in the firefox 'add-ons.'
  • Can you trigger the error and create an error report ID (and post it here):
    http://www.zotero.org/support/reporting_bugs
  • Actually, no error report was ever created. But I tried closing out of word, and firefox, etc. and restarting the computer, and mirabile dictu, the problem went away! I wouldn't be surprised if this issue might have arisen from a bug local to my computer/ Mac office... If it happens again, I'll report back. Thanks.