Biophysical Journal Style Problem

Working on inserting references using the Biophysical Journal style in the repository. Using Zotero version 3.0.2, the most recent winword integration version that I could find on the Zotero website, and Word 2007 (SP2).

The option to format the bibliography as endnotes is greyed out, and so it appears to insert the full reference right into the middle of the text of the paper. Any advice for a newbie?
  • I don't quite understand. You should insert the citations in the text - they'll appear as numbers - and then the bibliography at the end. A numbered bibliography - like for the Biophysical Journal - is not the same as Endnotes (that's why you don't have the option for Endnotes).
  • Understood, still working on understanding the nomenclature. I inserted the citation as you described. I have since discovered that I need to position my cursor at the end of the document when I insert it if I want the numbered bibliography to be at the end. I was unknowingly inserting the bibliography in the middle of a paragraph.

I do not believe the necessity of positioning the cursor at the end of the document is shown in the word processor integration video. Is this requirement specific to the style being used?
  • No, that's the case for all styles. I don't think it ever occurred to anyone to include this in the documentation, but it makes sense to put it in. We need new documentation anyway since the plugin has changed.
  • That's now in the documentation (no video yet.)