Sharing word documents

I am a little bit intrigued by the new feature of Zotero 3.0 which is stated as:
"Sharing of word processor documents with users of Zotero and other compatible software without using Zotero groups"

Someone knows how it works exactly? How can I test it?

Thanks
  • "Sharing" here just means that you can send another Zotero user any Word document with Zotero3.0-created citations and s/he will be able to work with the document, edit citations etc.

The actual sharing isn't done by Zotero - you can e-mail, use dropbox, ftp, your website, bit-torrent ;-) whatever works for you.
  • Adam,
    Thanks for the quick reply.

It does not mean that the other user will be able to insert/import the references appearing in the word doc in its own library right?

Also, let's say I send a document with two references and referenced them in the text as [1,2]. If my colleague receives the doc and try to edit the citation to insert (or let say append) a new one to get [1-3] I guess he won't be able to do it as the first references are not in his library. Am I right?

Thanks
  • not yet for the first (though that will happen in the future), but yes to the second - Zotero embeds the citation data in the document, so s/he will have those references available and can work with the document as if s/he had inserted them herself.
  • Adam,
    I will give it a try.
    Thanks.