Sync error due to VPN connection on a Mac

Hi

I always had errors syncing my files in WebDAV. Today I realised that the error only happens when I am connected to my universities VPN (using Mac OK 10.7 native VPN client). As soon as I disconnect from the VPN the sync works fine.

Debug output below.
(Also the "undefined" does not seem right..)

Many thanks
J

While registering XPCOM module /Applications/Zotero.app/Contents/Resources/extensions/pythonext@mozdev.org/components-9.0/libpybootstrap.dylib, trying to re-register CID '{d96ff456-06dd-4b9c-aabf-af346a576776}' already registered by /Applications/Zotero.app/Contents/Resources/extensions/pythonext@mozdev.org/components-10.0/libpybootstrap.dylib.

While registering XPCOM module /Applications/Zotero.app/Contents/Resources/extensions/pythonext@mozdev.org/components-8.0/libpybootstrap.dylib, trying to re-register CID '{d96ff456-06dd-4b9c-aabf-af346a576776}' already registered by /Applications/Zotero.app/Contents/Resources/extensions/pythonext@mozdev.org/components-10.0/libpybootstrap.dylib.

[JavaScript Error: "Unexpected status code 0 for OPTIONS request in Zotero.Sync.Storage.Session.WebDAV.getLastSyncTime()" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/storage/webdav.js" line: 717}]

[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "'A WebDAV file sync error occurred. Please restart undefined and try syncing again.

If you receive this message repeatedly, check your WebDAV server settings in the Sync pane of the Zotero preferences.' when calling method: [nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "<unknown>" data: no]"]

version => 3.0.1, platform => MacIntel, oscpu => Intel Mac OS X 10.7, locale => en-US, appName => Zotero, appVersion => 3.0.1
  • If the VPN connection is breaking Zotero sync, it's unlikely we can do anything about that. If you provide a Debug ID there's a small chance we can provide more details. You can also try with another WebDAV client—writing files, not just reading—but I imagine it will fail too.

The "undefined" issue we're aware of. It might be fixed in 3.0.2, available now. If not, it'll be fixed in 3.0.3.
  • Hi Dan

here is the Debug ID: D699898621.

Also the submission of the log to the Zotero Server did not work over the VPN. ("empty response from server")

Thanks!
    Johannes
  • Yeah, you'll need to talk to your IT department or fiddle with your VPN settings. The OPTIONS request to your WebDAV server is failing. Nothing we can do about that.

You can try connecting to the WebDAV URL in a browser to see what comes up, but that could easily not be indicative, since regular web browsing doesn't involve OPTIONS requests.