have to keep relinking citations in word

Hi there
I am having a series of problems with my zotero at the moment, and I figure its my fault. A few weeks ago I exported my library as I was moving from a pc to a mac and wanted to make sure I had a back up. In my mac, a lion I installed first firefox then zotero and imported my library, however as I am registered with zotero for zyncing what happened was that I doubled up on everything. I deleted all the doubles firstly when I noticed what I'd done. Now today I have been working on a document that already contained citations and bibliography stuff and everytime I go into cite in the document it tells me that the reference is no longer there, do I want to cancel remove or replace, so I replace, I have done this to the document now several times, relinked it to refs in zotero. I though perhaps the citation was connected to the double I had deleted, and if I reconnected it would be fine, but no. Every time I open the document it states I have to reconnect the citation to a new one in zotero...any ideas, also when I try to sync now in zotero i get a problem, here is the ref number 625109042.
  • start separate threads for separate issues - i.e. start a different thread for you sync issue.
    Most of what happens is expected - export/import is not the recommended way to back-up and/or transfer a library:
    http://www.zotero.org/support/zotero_data

The only puzzle is why relinking doesn't work. You'd likely have to do this for every citation in the document - have you done that?
  • I did do that, three times and every time I closed and saved the document, then opened it again, it would state when I tried to add citations into the document that all the other citations in the file no longer existed. I copied the whole document out and pasted into text copied it back into word and manually added all the citations back. The only problem is, this was the third chapter of three for my PhD, which are each around twelve thousand words, and I am crappin it that I will have to do the same with those....
  • In some cases the Debugging Broken Documents steps may be necessary, but they shouldn't be generally.