[solved with next release]pp.X & sq.

High there,

Congrats for this new zotero, looks really good.
A question though : with the 2.1, when I inserted a reference indicating "X & sq" in the page field (eg. 7 & sq) zotero would automatically insert the ref with "pp.X & sq" (eg. Author Date, pp.7 & sq"), meaning that several pages are cited.
With the new 3.0.1, same style, it would insert p.X & sq instead of pp.X And that's wrong.

I hope I'm clear ... Anyway, any thoughts as to why this inappropriate change in behaviour ?

Cheers, and congrats again !
  • which style?
    I'm surprised Zotero did that right before. I'm not clear how it would recognize X & sq as multiple pages.
    Frank would have to say what exactly the processor is looking for.
  • Custom style, that I did. I don't think I did something special in the .csl file as to the "& sq" thing. Anyway, since it's the same style, I'd guess the problem lies within zotero ...

I suppose it's not relevant, but in case : I run zotero 3.0.1 with LO 3.4.4, on Linux ...

Cheers !
  • we'd want to see the custom style to understand this.
    post it to a public gist at gist.github.com and provide a link here.
  • This is a bug in new processor code added in the past six months or so. It should be triggering plural when it sees the "&". Some further testing has turned up some additional small problems with the application of en-dash to ranges. I'll fix things up this morning and make another release.
  • Wonderful !!!
    Do you still need my .csl on gist.github.com, or not ?
  • Should be no need for that, if that's the only problem you were seeing. I was able to reproduce the behavior locally, and it's corrected in the revised processor. It will just be a matter of waiting until the processor becomes available in the next release of Zotero.
  • Ok, no github then. I do have another problem, but it's unrelated. I'll start a new thread if I can't deal with it.

Well, I suppose you can't really answer that one, but it's the logical next question : do you when the next zotero will be released ?

Anyway, thanks for the quick answers, and the coming fix !