first citation of "book section": short title for "book title"?

Hi there!
I normally use "footnote" citations (NOT author-date), with a full first citation followed by second-and-after shorter citations (author-short title- date)
Now, in some cases the first citation of some "Book sections" is a kind of too long...I was wondering whether there is a way to reduce them..

FOr example, this is the "full" citation:
Saxer, Victor. ‘Autonomie Africaine Et Primauté Romaine De Tertullien a Augustin’. In Il Primato Del Vescovo Di Roma Nel Primo Millennio. Ricerche e Testimonianze. Atti Del Symposium Storico-teologico Roma, 9-13 Ottobre 1989, edited by Michele Maccarrone, 173-217. Pontificio Comitato Di Scienze Storiche. Atti e Documenti 4. Città del Vaticano: Libreria editrice vaticana, 1991.

I would like to reduce it to the following:

Saxer, Victor. ‘Autonomie Africaine Et Primauté Romaine De Tertullien a Augustin’. In Il Primato Del Vescovo Di Roma, edited by Michele Maccarrone, 173-217. Città del Vaticano: Libreria editrice vaticana, 1991.

In other words, I would like to modify the "book section" first citation in the following way:
1) use a short form of the "book title";
2) remove "series"
3) "series number"

I guess that (at least theoretically) points 2 and 3 should not be that difficult... I mean, they are for me but they should not be a massive problem.
On the other hand, point number 1 seems to be more problematic
If the "item type" of a record is "book section" the "short title" field of course refers to the "title" field, not to the "book title".. there is no "book short title" field available.
In other words, there is no field to tell Zotero what is the "short title" of the book which contains the "book section" I want to cite.

Now.. there are two possible solutions
A) is there any way to add a field to the record "book section"? this sounds like a complicated thing, which i would like to avoid (but maybe it is possible, I just thought about it)
B) use another field, for example "extra", then editing the style in order to use the "extra" field to replace the "book title"...

is there anyone who could tell me if one of these two solutions could be feasible? I would be happier with the solution B, in any case...
would any of the solutions have massive side-effects or collateral damages? for example, if I enter something in the "extra" field, would it appear somewhere else? I did some tests, which did not give any problem, but maybe...

One last thing: to make the examples above I used a random style.. please, do not waste your time giving me the solution for this style!

Thank you very much!

Ricazz
  • A) isn't possible. B) is, though it's a bit of a mess to code.
    I don't think there are short-term plans for a short book title field.

In the long run,there are plans for hierarchical item types - (i.e. the chapters would be attached to a book item) - that would make this possible. But for that we're not talking about months, but probably a year or years.
  • the prophet has spoken! thankful for the word I have received, I humbly retreat into my den to ponder on my own ignorance...

thanks a lot!

Ricazz