Urgent!!! Failed to update the document after upgrade, pls help!

Hi there,
Take a look at the errors:

Sometimes said:
Zotero experienced an error updating your document.TypeError: this.registry.citationreg.citationById[c[0]] is undefined.

Sometimes said:
Zotero experienced an error updating your document.TypeError: text is undefined.

I could update my document last night, but failed after i upgrading my Firefox to 10.0, and maybe also the Zotero to 3.0.1 and Zotero Word Windows Integration 3.1.5. I am using Windows 7 (Home Pr.) and Microsoft Office Word 2007.

I felt deadly frustrated that problems always come out after the upgrades. This is, at least, the third time!
And it is very disappointed now as i really need to hand in my long document (35,000 words with huge number of citations)several hours later!

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!
  • I'm surprised that error is still around - shouldn't be.
    Try running through these:
  • Thank guys,
    Report ID: 64889987
  • still try the debugging steps, though.
  • @smoother: Every instance of that error that I have seen reported to the forums in the past several months was cleared successfully by opening a fresh document, copy-pasting the text of the problem document into it, and then clicking refresh in the new document.

    While it is possible that you have run into a new issue, I would try that step first. If it doesn't work, go through the steps linked by adamsmith, and then report back if there are still problems.
  • Thank you guys!
    That's kind of relief.
    I tried two methods:
    1) followed the debugging steps in here(as adamsmith and Dan mentioned): http://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_troubleshooting#debugging_broken_documents, actually the step 8 was the helpful one, and isolated a multiple citation, deleted it, and now the document can be refreshed and updated, though I still don't know what's wrong with those references in the multiple citation.

    2) As fbennett said, copy all the content to a new created .docx file and refreshing just worked without deleting the problematic multiple citation mentioned above.

    PS: method 2) get me into anther issue which is the format of the content was changed including line spacing, font, and track changes. I used ctrl + F3 to cut and ctrl + shft + F3 to paste. I wonder if you have any perfect solution for this cut and paste, and I'm still google it for solution.

    Thank you very much!
  • It worked to cut it in half. Thanks!
Sign In or Register to comment.