Zetoc

Is there a translator for Zetoc - the British Library's journal contents listing? I can only save the whole page, not items. The download file is a .txt file that Zotero does not recognize if I try to import it. Any suggestions?
Thanks.
  • The site is restricted to UK users - without access we can't do much.
    You could contact Zetoc and point them here:
    http://www.zotero.org/support/dev/exposing_metadata
    Or you can try to find someone from the UK to write a translator.
  • Further info re Zetoc:
    - an email from the provider says Zetoc is accessible via subscription to organizations other than those UK Higher Education for which it is free
    - they have fixed a Z39.50 configuration issue - and it is now possible to download records (minor manual editing is still needed)
  • yeah, Zotero doesn't (and won't) do Z39.50.
    The fact that Zetoc is available in theory unfortunately doesn't help us if we don't have access.
  • Could anybody advise please how to configure zetoc and zotero. I'm UK user and access zetoc via my HE institution. Yet when I try to save zetoc downloads to zotero, it says I cannot because I 'must instal the pdf tools in the zotero preferences'.

I cannot see where I could download these tools from. Please help.
  • As noted above, Zotero does not work properly with Zetoc.
    The error message on "must install the pdf tools in the zotero preferences" would come up as you try to use "retrieve metadata from pdf" - it should automatically open the relevant section of the preferences (in case it doesn't - the tools can be installed from the search tab of the Zotero preferences).