suffix of Asian first names in the bibliography

Hi there,

some Asian first names have a kind of suffix after a dash such as "-ping", "-ichiro" or "-aki", all in lowercase. Here is an example for the first author:

http://www.springerlink.com/content/1u49n2yt4aag15rk/

When I insert this citation in Word, I get the following in the bibliography:

Chen G-ping, Wilson ID, Kim SH, Grierson D. 2001. Inhibiting expression of a tomato ripening-associated membrane protein increases organic acids and reduces sugar levels of fruit. Planta 212: 799-807.

I guess that the correct form would be "Chen G" (or maybe "Chen G-p", I don't know). I have the same problem whatever the suffix and the citation style. Would you have a solution?

Thanks,

Florent
  • That's interesting, thank you for the report. I'll take a look soon and adjust the processor to produce something more sensible (a plain initial G, I think, in the first instance). More news soon ...
  • This is now fixed in a fresh processor release. When the processor is picked up by Zotero for the 3.0 version of the client, the problem will go away.
  • Hi,

it doesn't work for me using the "Reinstall Word Add-in" button in the Zotero Preferences...
    I've got the Zotero 3.0rc1, FF 9.0.1, Word 2003 and Windows Vista.
  • It's not been picked up by the main project yet. You'll have to wait a few days.
  • OK! I was wondering if I missed something.
    Many thanks for your prompt support.