Database integrity and the online sync

Hi

I am having odd problems and when I checked integrity got an "errors were found" message. Since I use the sync features i have some questions

Can integrity problems be only on my computer, or will they be inherited by the online backup? If heritable can I check the online backup integrity directly? If not can I just throw out the instance on my computer and replace it from the backup?

thanks

Isis
  • What odd problems are you having?

Database problems generally are not transmittable via sync, but they can cause syncing to fail.

But if you're having problems while using Zotero, you should first provide more info, including Report IDs, since there might be bugs that we need to fix.

If you don't want to bother, yes, you can use the Restore from Zotero Server reset option.
  • I'm not sure how to generate a Report ID for this one but I can describe it. It's a WinWord integration problem. There are a couple of manifestations but the most frequent and annoying is this:

If I put "track changes" on in Word, then every time I use refresh in Zotero or if it automatically refreshes it crosses out all the original footnotes and replaces them with identical ones. If I accept changes it just keeps doing it.

A couple of time after refreshing I have gotten a message that an item already in the document is missing although it does not seem to be -- wish have had saved the name of which ones but did not.
  • That's unrelated to your database.

Track Changes has historically broken word processor integration. In theory it should work with the latest plugin versions, but this hasn't been extensively tested.

Make sure you're using the latest version of the plugin. If you're still having trouble, turn Track Changes off before triggering the plugin actions.