Membership question

Today I just paid $20 for 1GB subscription. Then I realized it is not enough for all my papers. How do I upgrage from 1GB to 5GB membership?
  • There's not a good automatic way to handle this now, but contact storage@digitalscholar.org to cancel your original subscription, and then you can sign up for the 5GB.
  • I have sent them an email as you suggest. Thank you Dan.
  • Dan, I was wondering along the same lines- if I pay for 1 GB and then want to upgrade to 5 GB is it the difference I pay or the full 5 GB amount?

Say I pay $20 and after two months I'm getting close to 1GB, could I pay $40 for the remaining period at 5GB?

It's probably more straightforward for billing to say "new 12 months at full price", but as a student it's preferable to know I've an easy upgrade path and not having to worry about over-paying when money is quite tight.

It's somewhat poor form to quibble as Zotero is fantastic value for money in terms of workflow, organisation etc; but being a poor undergrad it's best to avoid over-paying for things!

Cheers
  • You always pay at one of the tiers, but if you have an existing plan you'll get extra time added to your subscription depending on how much time you have left on the current plan.
  • Excellent, thanks fcheslack! I note it's now part of the FAQ:

How can I upgrade to a larger storage plan?

If you choose to upgrade your storage subscription, the prorated balance on your existing account will be used to extend the term of your new subscription. Example: You have 6 months left on a $20 1 GB subscription and decide to upgrade. (6 months ÷ 12 months) x $20 = $10 remaining value. If you upgrade to the $60 5 GB plan, we apply that $10 to your purchase to extend your new subscription term. ($70 ÷ $60) * 12 months = 14 months.
    Great work guys, do keep it up :)