Server-side library has no collections

I have about 500mb of data in a group library, to which I add items daily. Beginning last night, I lost access to any of the server-side library's collections and items. This followed a computer freeze which required that I force a shutdown then boot. Sometime later in the evening when I checked the online library, there were no collections. I rechecked server usage, and there was no change in the roughly 500 mb used.

Should I re-synch the server library from my computer's copy? Thanks for any help!
  • On the server, your group library has 695 items (including child items). I assume that's what you expect.

You'll need to be more specific about what you mean by "lost access".
  • edited January 19, 2012
    Hi Dan,

Yes, that's about the number of items I would expect to be present. (Is there a way for me to get this sort of metadata about the collection, on my client-side library and/or the server-side?)

OK, specifics: I go to http://www.zotero.org/groups/DontFrackWithNewYork There I see "Recently Added Items" and an appropriate list. I then click on "Group Library" and am taken to the appropriate page. When I click on "Library" (beneath the "Create Collection Edit Collection Delete Collection" group of links) the page spends a few moments loading, but no action results, i.e., no collection folders are shown, and no tags are visible.
  • It's a little slow, but it works fine for me.

What browser are you using?
  • firefox 3.6.25. I'm running on a PPC Mac powerbook OS 10.5.8, so 3.6 is the latest version for my computer.
  • Try it in Safari.
  • Harumph! Using Safari 5.0.6, got this: "Safari can’t open the page.
    Safari can’t open the page “http://www.zotero.org/groups/dontfrackwithnewyork”. The error is: “Operation could not be completed. Operation not permitted” (NSPOSIXErrorDomain:1) Please choose Safari > Report Bugs to Apple, note the error number, and describe what you did before you saw this message."

I'll shut down and reboot and try all this again. Stand bye...
  • (might be worth clearing cache, too. FWIW - group library and site load fine for me)
  • Bingo! I rebooted and also took your advice about clearing the cache. One - or both - did the trick. All is accessible now. Thanks!