Always has a file sync error

The Report ID number: 1065898036

Zotero seems to nearly always report a file sync error.

I work on three computers at three locations. When I open Z, it syncs and all my files seem to be there, though I am not certain, as some Items sometimes seem not to have the files that should be with them (they are listed in the Item list, but Z can not find the files. Even "Find File" does not find the file.)

It makes me feel uncertain in the program's ability to sync.
  • Can you provide a Debug ID for a sync attempt that produces a file sync error?
  • Sorry, took me a while to get that done.

The Debug ID is D1482997793.
  • Thanks. I've added a bit more debugging info on the server. Can you trigger this again after waiting at least five minutes from the last attempt, and provide another Debug ID?
  • Thank you!

Here it is -
    The Debug ID is D1169603210.
  • edited January 16, 2012
    Your socket connection to the server was not read from or written to within the timeout period. Idle connections will be closed.
    See my response here:

http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/20659/zotero-failing-to-sync-error-1556662212/#Item_8

In your case it's possible that no files are making it through each time, so see the maxUploads part further down. If this happens on only one of your computers, there's a decent chance it's an issue with the network it's on, but the workaround I give there may do the trick.
  • edited January 16, 2012
    Thank you,

I read your other response. I may try the maxUploads workaround if I have trouble getting files in/out.

I think it is on only one computer. The other computer on that same network that I use wireless around the site, does not have the error.

I see that it is doing the sync, but I think there is an occasional missing file when I move to another computer I have at another location/network, when I have added the file on the computer with errors.

Let me check tomorrow when I am on the other computer. If it has the error I will post the codes ... maybe there will be something meaningful?

Cheers
    D