Different language for single reference in bibliography

13»
  • edited August 30, 2012
    Can't you just use a non-localized date format for the "accessed" date variable?

http://citationstyles.org/downloads/specification.html#date
  • How to do that? I've changed

<date date-parts="year-month-day" form="text" variable="accessed"/>
    to
    <date date-parts="year-month-day" form="" variable="accessed"/>
    but nothing changed.
  • something like
    <date variable="accessed" delimiter="-">
    <date-part name="day"/>
    <date-part name="month" form="numeric"/>
    <date-part name="year"/>
    </date>
  • But I need text variant of date accessed, that is the problem.
  • <date variable="accessed" delimiter=" ">
    <date-part name="year" suffix=" m."/>
    <date-part name="month"/>
    <date-part name="day" form="numeric" suffix=" d."/>
    </date>

(see http://citationstyles.org/downloads/specification.html#date-part )
  • edited August 30, 2012
    Oh, wait, you need Lithuanian month terms even though the rest of the bibliographic entry localizes to another locale? That's indeed going to be tricky with standard CSL. (unless the "accessed" date is the only date for which you need month terms, in which case you can specify Lithuanian month translations to be used for all dates)
  • Yes, you understood correctly. I understand that it is tricky thing. That is why my proposal to fbennet is such ;). That is the only way, I think.
  • edited August 31, 2012
    @maras: If you update MLZ, you should start getting the accessed date in the default locale for all items.

This change will affect only multi-lingual layouts, as ordinary CSL styles render all terms in the default locale anyway.

(Edit: the "accessed" term will also render in the default locale. For the present, the other terms you mention can be hard-coded in the style as strings, using <text value="Internet"/> etc.)
  • Yes, it is working. Thank you.
    And I am proud a bit that I can contribute with that small idea to Zotero :). All credits to you, of course :).

I think that it is good choice not to bind all the terms as there quite easy way to hardcode them. That leaves more flexibility. Who knows what requirements can be for some styles.
  • Yay, that's great.

Your bug reports and suggestions are invaluable. I implemented the multilingual layout feature because I could see it would be useful down the road, but feedback from production use was needed to work out the details. We've come a long way in the past few weeks, thanks to your patience during trials.
  • This thread dates back to 2012. I wonder if it is still up to date or if more has been done since then. Basically, I have a French Canadian locale style but within the same report, we often cite both French and English items. I was asked if it is possible to switch locales depending on the language stated in the language field of the item. I was wondering if the syntax given in this thread is the lastest one and if it has been verified to work.
  • Nothing new on this; the syntax should be up to date but no, it's not tested/verified in Zotero, though presumably fbennett runs tests for it in Juris-m (MLZ's new name).
  • I just tried the link to get the syntax and documentation, but got a page not found error. Is there any way to get the syntax and explanation?
  • An updated link is https://juris-m.github.io/downloads/

Check out the Polyglot version of Chicago (full note) for a model.
  • Thank you bwiernik, I will check that out.