Allow to disable Ibidems for certain citations only

There are situations in which it would be helpful if one could avoid that a single citation is turned into an “Ibid.”, even if one desires to have ”Ibid.”s otherwise.

For example:

1. Cf. DK 29 B 1–3. Zeno’s paradoxes of motion suggest a reasoning along these lines. Cf. Kirk and Raven, Presocratic philosophers, 291–297. Allen, by contrast, argues that Zeno is a nominalist about unity. See his Plato’s Parmenides, 92–99.

2. Cf. ibid., 89–90; Rickless, “How Parmenides saved the forms,” sec. 3; Plato’s forms in transition, 46–52; Scolnicov, Plato’s Parmenides, 48–52.

It may be just me, but it seems a bit much to demand from the reader to work out what "ibid." refers to in the second footnote. If it's not too complicated, this would be useful.
  • Are all of the references in note 1 generated by Zotero? Ibid should not occur in the second note; it should only be applied if the previous note contains only one reference. As far as I know, that logic is working correctly in the processor. If not, please post back and we'll take a look.
  • Yesno. Yes, the notes are all by Zotero, but the text between them isn’t. I tend to insert multiple notes per footnote if I need to comment on them, simply because changing prefixes and suffixes is somewhat cumbersome for longer texts, so I prefer to keep those comments in the word processor. That said, for the few cases in which the troubles arise, putting everything in prefixes and suffixes is surely good enough.
    Thanks for the quick reply.
  • Hmm. The processor could handle that correctly, although it doesn't at present. The previous citation is a solo reference, but each cite in the set (within the footnote) will carry the same note number, so we should be able to get the logic right. I'll take a look and see what can be done. Thanks for the report.
  • I've just checked in a fresh release of the CSL processor with a fix for this. You won't need to make any manual adjustments, it will just work. When the new processor is taken up by Zotero for the 3.0 development branch (probably within a week or so), it will be available in the development XPI. Some time afterward, it should become available in a beta release.