Endless sync/tabs have been combined message

Hello,

I'm one member of a large group of people who have been uploading citations (including pdfs and web pages) and sharing them on a group page. I recently made a few edits to citations by clicking the icon in the lower right-hand corner of my Mozilla screen, making the changes, and then clicking the sync button. A message box popped up that said that there had been multiple changes from multiple computers since my last sync and one or more tags had been combined. I hit "OK.” Originally (the last two time I tried to sync), I was also told that I had to choose the version of the pdf that I wanted to keep. So I chose the “local version” and hit next. This talk message didn't pop just now when I was re-doing it to more accurately explain the error. Each time I have tried to sync, I have let it sit for more than two hours, restarted my computer, then tried again for a total of 3 times now.

At this point, I don’t really know what to do and I didn’t see anything related on the forums. Could someone please help me out?

William