Can't cite in MSWord with New version

I'm sorry to be posting this query in several places, but I'm not sure what's the best route for dealing with my problem, which has stopped me cold.

I've installed the latest version of Zotero, and updated the MS World plug-in -- I've done both twice. But MS Word simply stops working when I try to cite by using the plugin. Sometimes I get a message that the script has stopped working, sometimes not. But nothing happens and I have to shut down Word. Otherwise, Zotero is working fine.

MM
  • Does it work in a new Word document?
  • Hmm... well, yes, now that you ask!
  • Hi, hello, mine was working for a day or two, until I installed the most recent dev version. Do I need a new plug in? The error sign says that the plug in is incompatible with the current zotero version that I had installed. Please help asap!
  • You can install a new plugin for Word, which is available (with directions) at
    http://www.zotero.org/documentation/microsoft_word_integration.

That helped me with the error message you got, but left me with other problems.
  • Thanks Melani, but after installing this, I still seem to get the same error message. Do I need to use the manual installation?

Last time someone from zotero sent me a special plug in for zotero development version. Melani, are you using dev version too?

HEELP!!!!
  • I have no idea; I'm a baby Zoterite and can't do more than just follow instructions. I guess we'll both just have to hunker down here and wait for rescue.
  • springchild: 1) You should probably switch to 1.0.3 rather than the dev version. 2) If it's still saying the plugin is incompatible, the old Zotero.dot still exists. If the installer isn't replacing it automatically, you should make sure it's removed (and the Zotero toolbar isn't showing up in Word) before installing the new one.

Melani: If you don't mind, you can send us the document at support@zot....org and we can take a look. Alternatively you could copy the document bit by bit into a new document until you can reproduce the error, and then send us just the part that doesn't work.
  • Thanks So Much Dan, now it's working. Peace of mind. Please keep up the good work and please have this up and running soon ... I'm going to totally need zotero for my dissertation. It's such an awesome tool.

Thanks!