Error with OOo 1.0.3 plugin?

I installed the latest plugin (1.0.3) for OOo and upgraded the firefox plugin. I also updated the Word plugin to 1.0.3 but when I attempt to insert a citation into OOo an error dialogue opens stating:

This version of the Zotero Word plugin ($INTEGRATION_VERSION) is incompatable with the currently installed version of the Zotero Firefox extension (1.0.3). Please ensure you are using the latest version of both components.

I reinstalled all plugins, restarted all applications but it made no difference. I also noticed that a MS Word process was started (and remains running) in the Windows task manager...

Firefox 2.0.0.11, OOo 2.3.1, Windows XP.
  • edited February 2, 2008
    You almost certainly have the old plugin still installed. Please make sure that you remove the existing plugin via the Extension Manager. Then restart OOo. Then add new plugin via the extension manager and restart OOo again.
  • Sean,

I did as you said, also removed the zotero.dot file but still got the same error. (Is this all that has to be done to remove the word plugin? I also unchecked the box in templates & add ins dialogue)
    I reinstalled the zotero word plugin installer 1.0b3 again but with no success.

I have never had any of these issues when upgrading previously.

Craig
    Are you trying to use OpenOffice.org or Microsoft Word? You don't need Zotero.dot for OpenOffice (OOo uses Zotero.oxt). Please follow the upgrade instructions here to the letter, and you should be able to resolve the problem.
    I am trying to use OOo.
    It seems very weird why it would be complaining about the MSWord plugin & why WINWORD.EXE would be running when I don't even have word open!
    (I do want to be able to use Zotero in both OOo and Word, but OOo is essential right now so I can finish my thesis!).

I followed the instructions (no different to what I had done in the past) and it is all now working properly. Thanks Sean.

Craig