Restrict Tag Search to Specific Folder?

Hi-
I'm trying to search by tag within a specific folder. For example: I have a folder called Shakespeare and I want to find only those cites/items that I have tagged with "priority". However, right now, it lists all the cites in my entire library that I have tagged priority. So how do I restrict a search-by-tag to just one folder? Thanks.

Specs: Zotero 2.1.10; Firefox; Mac OSX 10.7.2
  • Can you explain exactly what you're doing?

http://www.zotero.org/support/reporting_bugs#provide_steps_to_reproduce

Clicking on a collection and then clicking a tag in the tag selector in the bottom left will filter the middle pane to just items in that collection that have that tag.
  • Sure, no problem. For example, my library has several folders

Main Library
    >Folder (e.g., Shakespeare)
    >Folder (e.g., Hemingway)
    >Folder (e.g., Faulkner)
    etc ...

In each of these folders I have certain bibliographic cites tagged as "priority." I would like to search the folder by using the tag "priority" to highlight or identify only those items that have been tagged priority.
  • First. click on the collection (what you call folder)
    Then click on the tag "priority" in the tag selector in the left hand panel. That will show - in the middle panel - only the references tagged priority from the selected collection.

You can achieve the same from advanced search.
  • Thanks, but when I use advanced search, it gives me results from other collections in addition to the folder I've selected.

When I tried the other search option, I don't see any tag selector in the left panel. As best I can tell, the left panel only displays my collections (folders) and Group library collections. Is there something else I need to click in order to view the tag selector in the left hand panel? Thanks again.
  • Disregard. I figured out what the problem was regarding the Tag Selector Box not appearing. I saw there was a little indentation in the lower left pane and when I clicked on it, then the Tag Selector Box appeared. Thanks.