Word add-in citation problem Report ID:1788723077

I am editing a document with ~300 footnotes, mostly Zotero citation fields, that was drafted by a colleague and which I'm preparing for publication in Word. I've imported his collection into mine and am trying to get the citations to synch with my collection. When I tried to add or edit an item, I got a "item no longer exists" message--understandable, I suppose. I clicked "Yes", substituted the appropriate item from my collection, and then Zotero moved through the document, with similar actions for each item, to which I made a similar substitution. The only glitch in moving through was that for multi-source citations, I got a missing-document error message and the process stopped. I then moved back to the preceding citation and restarted the process (clicking the "edit citation" button) and the add-in then asked for a replacement for the 2nd item in the multi-source citation. So I went through the whole document, replacing everything. When I finished, I could bring up a normal citation window for adding or editing a citation, but when I clicked OK nothing happened--the window hung open and made no changes to the document. So I clicked cancel and got another error message, which read, "this.registry.citationreg.citationById[c[0]] is undefined". I've tried all the tricks suggested for debugging broken documents (http://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_troubleshooting), to no avail--same result. My question: Is there anything I can do short of deleting all the citations and rebuilding them from scratch?
I'm using Word 2003, Firefox 3.6.22, and zotero 2.1.10.
I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks! -Eric