ID; 2032416022, wrong order

So far Zotero has been a decent program. Today however I ran into an annoying problem. I tried to cite an article (would be nr 90) but I kept getting nr 1. I tried many times. Later i tried to delete a different reference in the same text but it didn't work at all for some reason. I haven't use the text in a couple of weeks. Any ideas???
  • Try inserting a bibliography - does it have any items?
    If not, it looks like you somehow removed the association of the document with Zotero.
  • I have a library with 93 references. The document is connected to Zotero but the program doesn't respond to logical item order.

Any other ideas?
  • You will need to describe in more detail what happens. Since this is tricky you need to be precise with terminology.

Let's start:
    1. Which software are you using exactly?
    2. Which citation style?
    3. Again my question from above - if you click "insert bibliography" in the Zotero Word/Ooo plugin in the document you're working on, does Zotero insert a bibiography that contains all 93 items?
  • I have used Zotero a few times.

1. Windows
    2. Vancouver style
    3. No, it doesn't.
  • The answer to 3. means that somehow the copy of the document isn't connected to your Zotero database anymore - that could have happened by clicking the "remove field codes" button, by saving it in an incompatible format, such as RTF, by copying it to a new document.
    Unfortunately that's usually not fixable easily unless you have a back-up of the document.
  • I see, thank you very much foir taking time to solve my
    problem