Syncing error - false file storage limit error

Hi there,

I have been trying to sync for several days now and I keep getting the message that my Zotero File Storage limit has been reached (i.e. some files are not uploaded) although I only have about 90% of it full. The files I am trying to sync that were not synced before are simply website screenshots, so I am sure they are all much less than 1 MB in size. Any ideas why this is happening?

It appears some of the files are being uploaded, but others not.

Thanks in advance!
  • Have you emptied the trash?
  • And make sure that there's not one accidentally large file in your library (like a movie) - you can usually use your file system to check for that type of thing.
  • My trash is empty, and the largest file in my library is slightly over 6MB (a PDF of a book). Currently the Zotero website says I am using 91 MB of my free 100 MB, but continually gives me this error message when trying to sync nonetheless.

Thanks!
  • The message means what it says. If you go to Report Errors and read the error report, you should see an error message that includes the file in question.
  • Report Error # is 266328582.
    The error report didn't mention any specific filename, so I am not sure what is causing the problem. Zotero seems still to be syncing new citations, including attached child items (website snapshots) but gives me the error message regardless. Under Settings>Storage it indicates I am using 91.7/100 MB

Thanks
  • There's no Zotero error in there. Restart Firefox, reproduce the error, and provide another Report ID.