Attachments crash zotero

(Using Mac 10.4, Word 2004)

Zotero works great for me except for the fact that every time I try to drag a PDF from Finder over to one of the items in my database (so that the file will be stored in zotero's file structure, rather than my own folder system, and linked to its bibliographic info), zotero gives me the "error occured. restart firefox" message.

It seems as though zotero just can't handle copying over the pdfs, and I can't figure out why. This happens pretty much every time--especially with larger files.

Sometimes, I can get the file to copy and link by going through the "add attachments" tab for the relevant item (instead of dragging and dropping). But once the file copies and links, zotero crashes and gives me the error message. This second scenario obviously is workable, but it is only marginally less annoying than the first one--and it works only slightly more often.

Anyone else have this problem?
  • Can you send in an error report using Report Errors (under the Actions (gear icon) menu) after this occurs and post the Report ID you receive here?

Thanks.
  • I just reproduced the problem via the second method I described. I used the "attachments" tab, asked it to store the file, and it did it successfully. But then once I clicked anything in zotero, the error came up.

Report id: 1741669995
  • Use the DB Repair Tool.

Alternatively you can try rebuilding or clearing your fulltext word index from the Search pane of the Zotero prefs. You can test your database integrity from the Advanced pane of the prefs.

This problem should go away in Firefox 3, which Zotero 1.5 will require.