this.state.registry.registry[mylds[i]] is undefined.

Hello all,

After merging old and new documents into one, I got this error message:

"this.state.registry.registry[mylds[i]] is undefined"

I checked in the archive for solutions. There was one instance but I could not figure out what was the suggested solution.

I'm using a PC, windows 7, Office 2010.

thanks for any suggestion and Happy New Year to all,
A.
  • These aren't proven steps, but there are two things you could try.

First, create a new document, and then cut and paste the content from the old (combined) document to the new one.

If that doesn't work, return to the old document, open Document Preferences, and check whether the "Store references in document" box is ticked. If it is, untick it, refresh citations, save the document. If the refresh won't go through (i.e. you get an error), try going back one step, and untick the box in the more recent document, do untick-refresh there, and then merge the old and new documents again. Once you have a document saved with the box unticked, check if it works, and if not, try cutting and pasting into another newly created empty document as above.
  • "First, create a new document, and then cut and paste the content from the old (combined) document to the new one."

Before pasting the content, insert one random citation or select a citation style for the new document using "Set Document Preferences"
  • Hi fbennett and adamsmith,

I copied and pasted to a new document and it worked.
    thanks a lot!
  • edited December 23, 2011
    @ariek: That's great to hear, thanks for reporting back.

Somehow the combination of old and new citation content causes invalid data to be sent to the citation processor. It would be better if this could be caught internally by Zotero and handled automatically, but it's good to know that we have a standard way of recovering.